Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things to Make: Free Crocheted Flower Garland Pattern


I've had so much fun with my crocheted heart garland and crocheted shamrock garland, that I thought I'd make another garland for Spring!!

This cute little flower can be used on other fun projects, too, of course!!  (Don't be scared away by the pattern...it's really much simpler than it might seem at first glance!!)



Here's the pattern:

Materials Needed:
size I crochet hook
scrap yarn in desired colors

Abbreviations:
ch  = chain
hdc =  half-double crochet
dc = double crochet
st = stitch
sl st = slip stitch
sp = space
rem = remaining
rep = repeat
beg = beginning




FLOWER

Ch 4, join with sl st to form a ring.

ROW 1
Ch 1, work 9 sc in ring, join with sl st to beg ch 1.

ROW 2
Ch 3, work 2 dc inst at bottom of ch, sl st in next ch, *work 3 dc in next ch, sl st in next ch *, rep from *to * 3 more times.  5 petals made.

You can stop there if you want teeny tiny flowers, or you can continue with another round to make the petals fuller, as follows:

ROW 3
Sc in next st, hdc in same sp, work 3 dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in same st, sl st in sl st from previous row, * sc in next st, hdc in same sp, work 3 dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in same st, sl st in sl st from previous row *, rep from * to * 3 more times.  Fasten off.  Weave in ends.



GARLAND

Ch 25, * sl st in top of one petal of flower, ch 15 *, rep from * to *until all flowers are joined, ch 25, Fasten off.


For my garland I've used Caron Simply Soft yarn in various pastel colors...I love how soft and simple it looks!  But it has such a pretty sheen to it!  (Maybe I'll keep this one to hang over the crib once baby #5 arrives in June!)

If you like the way this looks, but just don't want to make one for yourself, you can purchase this cute garland in my shop, here!



Happy Spring, Everyone!!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic